Tooth implant procedures are one of the latest dental processes used to replace missing teeth. By creating a crown with a man-made root, the implants are positioned where the original teeth once sat, creating a natural looking substitute.
We have composed six top reasons to have implants with the aim of highlighting the benefits this treatment can offer:
- Tooth implants are durable - Dental implants are designed to be strong and secure so they replicate the function and feel of natural teeth.
- Tooth implants are a long-term solution - In comparison to dentures, tooth implants work much more effectively, as they are permanently fixed to the gums, allowing for ease of speech and increased confidence.
- Preserve your natural face shape - When teeth are lost, the face can often appear sunken, leading to premature aging. However, as the tooth implants are placed, they substitute the missing teeth, to allow for a fuller smile and a more youthful appearance.
- Keep your gums healthy - The loss of teeth can often lead to further health issues, such as loss of bone in the jaw. When the bone is not being used to support your natural teeth, it loses its strength and therefore deteriorates. By opting for tooth implants, this process can be prevented, as the implants stimulate the natural bone, allowing it to grow.
- Protect your healthy teeth - Tooth implants are used to replace individual teeth and roots, so they have no health implications in regards to the neighbouring teeth. By substituting missing teeth with an implant, it can spread the chewing load across a larger area, allowing your natural teeth to carry less force, thus increasing their protection.
- Tooth implants are a reliable solution - The implant process is recognised as being a procedure, which has a high success rate. Even in cases where patients have low bone density, the outcome is often positive.